As a Link2City customer with Hosted Exchange, you have been enjoying the reliability Exchange 2010 email service. We want to make sure that you have access to the best email service we can provide you, so we’re going to upgrade your account to Exchange 2016 - for no additional charge!
Most enhancements in Microsoft® Exchange 2016 are to Outlook® on the Web, formerly called Outlook Web Access (OWA). Some of these include:
- Improved look and feel. New functionality gives users access to most Outlook features from any browser on virtually any device. User experience on Outlook on the Web closely resembles the Outlook Desktop Client.
- Better mobile experience. Users can view Office documents like Word, PowerPoint®, and Excel® from Outlook on the Web in their browser without having Office installed in their device. This is perfect when checking mail from a tablet or mobile device.
- Faster and more intuitive search. Improvements have been made to the overall speed of search, as well as more intuitive search for both the Outlook Desktop Client and Outlook on the Web.
What to Expect
Upgrades will begin in late September 2019. We expect that there will be no downtime in service during the upgrade and that your users will be able to send and receive mail with no change to availability. We have addressed the most commonly asked questions in this FAQ: https://kb.intermedia.net/article/40260.
Link2City will handle the upgrade to Exchange 2016 for most customers (meaning that most accounts and users will not be required to do anything in preparation for this upgrade), other than customers that fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Using Outlook 2007 or older
- Using Outlook 2010 and do not have necessary updates installed
- Do not have an Autodiscover Record in their domain name(s) DNS records
- Using SEND AS email addresses that are different from a user’s FROM address
- Connecting using Blackberry Enterprise Server
All customers that fall into one of the listed categories above will be contacted separately with detailed instructions. If you do not receive any communication, it means that no further action is required from you to complete the upgrade to Exchange 2016.
Additional information will be provided via email as we get closer to the start of the upgrade. If you have any questions, please contact us at (305) 259-7776.